Thursday, 2 September 2010

What's it like being jealous not of but FOR ...



He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane,
I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of
His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so.
(x2)

We are His portion and
He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption
by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns
violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

- David Crowder Band

Many times I've been jealous of someone or something but I never once knew the feeling of being Jealous for ... The word jealous as much as it has a negative connotation to the word, it encapsulates a form of love and longing. The first 5 words of this song, "He is jealous for me..", just broke me down. Someone up there is jealous for me. If you turn your jealousy of someone into how God is jealous for you, I guess you would be able to somehow feel what God is feeling, not fully, but somewhat there. What amazing words...

He is jealous for you... So don't ever think you are alone, unloved, unappreciated or unworthy. Because God loves you and is jealous for you :)

Love!! from down under (missing you guys)

Jestyn

No comments: