Saturday, 12 January 2008

Worship Team Commitment

Personal Leadership
I will commit myself to daily developing my personal relationship with God. I will be a person of integrity. I realize that I must live a Godly life before I lead others.

Public leadership
I will commit myself to effectively leading others around me in a lifestyle that is God honoring in every way. I understand that people will follow me because of who I am and what I represent. I realize that as a part of the worship team, I am in a leadership position that requires a deeper level of commitment and integrity.

Peer Leadership
I will commit myself to leading my peers and fellow worship team members in a lifestyle that honors God in every way. I will be a positive influence on all those around me, encouraging a deeper relationship with Christ. I will support the entire worship team as though they were family.

Expectations

Youth Ministry:
As a worship team member, you are expected to attend Youth Ministry every Sunday and all its events.

Rehearsals:
As a worship team member, you are expected to attend all jamming and worship rehearsals. Policy goes: if you don’t practice you don’t play. Exceptions will be considered if notified in advance.

1st & 4th Fridays: Worship Practice (only Sunday’s team)
2nd & 3rd Fridays: Jamming session

Punctuality:
As a worship team member you are expected to show up to any worship team function (i.e. rehearsal, jamming, retreats...) on time. Practices start at 7.30pm unless otherwise stated. If it takes you longer to set up...you need to come that much earlier.

Respect:
As a worship team member you are expected to respect those in leadership at all times, in every circumstance. You are also expected to respect each other as a team at all times, in every circumstance. Feel free to compliment each other as much as you want!

Understand your role:
No one person can accomplish our goal of leading others in worship without the help of everyone involved. In order to be most effective everyone must know their role on the worship team. Above all, our purpose is to lift up Christ, not glorify ourselves.

Vocalists: your role is to provide background vocals, and when requested, lead vocals. Always keeping in mind the glorification of God, not ourselves. When asked to sing a particular part or in a specific way- please do so.

Instrumentalists: your role is to provide music for the songs being performed. Always keeping in mind the glorification of God, not ourselves. When asked to play a particular part- or in a specific way- please do so.

Conduct:

Personal: You are required to handle yourself in a Christ-like manner at all times. There will be no toleration for hateful attitudes or remarks. Expect to be confronted if you are seen causing or contributing to this type of behavior.

Dressing: You are required to present yourself at worship in a manner bother glorifying God and acceptable to the human eye.

Contribution to the team: You are required to contribute to team worship and prayer at all times. Be creative and don’t be afraid to suggest areas of improvement.

Professionalism: As a part of the worship team, you have already have shown God- given gifts in the area of ministry through the arts. Therefore you will be expected to act professionally in your preparation and performance. In other words, if you are asked to sing a worship song, play special music - know the words or the music before you come to the scheduled event.

I understand everything included in the Youth Ministry Worship Team commitment material. I will follow all of the guidelines that are involved in being a part of the worship team. I understand that if I do not keep my commitment, I will be asked to step out of my ministry in this area. I understand that I am in a leadership position and am held accountable for my actions. I will, most importantly, honor Christ through my ministry.
(Your Name)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this was very helping in my research

Cameron P said...

Thanks very much for this.

This is something as a Worship group leader I am struggling to create in my church's worship group.

This has given me a framework to work with to encourage commitment within our group.

thank you