Thursday, 17 June 2010

Living Sacrifices

Hey guys!
I just came here to post because I'm taking a break from studying.

Anyway, it's been 4 days from IGNITE now and I wonder how's everyone doing? Is the flame sizzling out or is it still burning as brightly as it was on Sunday? It's difficult to fan this flame on the inside of us when we're out there; in the world. The world that we know, is shrouded in darkness. It's hard to keep up with our daily Christian lifestyle which we led for 3 days during IGNITE with no real temptation to do anything 'wrong'. Being back out in the world (yes facebook and twitter) is a real challenge for me. If I had not shared with you all earlier, being in a JC/Poly exposes you to different kinds of people. People who hold the bible on one hand and a cigarette on the other, people who look like they've been drugged, people who look good on the outside and ugly on the inside and vice versa. It was quite a culture shock for me, well maybe because life was all fine and dandy back in my all-girls' school. It was a daily struggle for me keep away from these people even though some of them are my good friends. I couldn't understand how they could lead their life without feeling a burden/responsibility on their shoulders. I mean hey, you profess you're Christian and you're smoking in front of me!!!!

Yet, it was because they were able to do it, I felt that I could easily be of the world. We are called to be in the world but not of the world and the difference in just a single word makes everything so different. After IGNITE, I realised I should always hold fast to my faith even though I may be tempted. And should it be tough, we must always lean on Him for strength.

So guys, as you go back to school in 2 weeks and start the whole routine of school-life again, are you going to go back to your normal self, living victoriously and shamelessly because you were called to so? Wait, not so fast. Think about it and make sure you are being honest to God and to yourself.

Romans 12:1-3 (New International Version)

Living Sacrifices

1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments: